The Manor House
The Manor House is full of character, dating from the 17th century and built on the site of a much older dwelling traced back to the 11th century Norman Conquest. Set at the heart of Eaton Manor Country Estate, The Manor House stands in an acre of walled gardens.
Eaton Brook flows at the bottom of the garden, making it a lovely spot for wildlife watching or perhaps fishing from the stepping stones during the summer months. The brook is fenced off to keep our youngest guests safe.
The house itself retains its original style, combining a wealth of interesting historic features, such as Timber framed walls, exposed oak floors, doors and beams, original flagstones and even an indoor well, with modern luxuries and a fully equipped kitchen.
The Bedrooms (x7)
The Manor House has seven bedrooms, all of which are ensuite and all individually decorated to preserve their character, and each with their own TV.
Lower Ground Floor
- On the lower ground floor is the Brook Bedroom with an ensuite shower room. This room can be set up with a superking bed or twin beds, and has a door opening directly onto the garden.
- The Master Bedroom is situated on the ground floor and has a stunning 6ft Queen Anne-style mahogany four-poster bed, ensuite bathroom and views over the garden.
- There is also the Garden Bedroom, which can be set up with a superking bed or twin beds, with ensuite shower room and French doors leading out to the garden and glorious views down to the brook.
- Upstairs is the Terracotta Room, featuring exposed ceiling beams and original leaded windows which look out on to the garden. This room can be a set up with a superking bed or twin beds, and has an ensuite shower room.
- The Gold Room has rustic exposed walls, ceiling beams and beautiful views to the garden, and can be set up with a superking bed or twin beds. It also has a shower ensuite
- The Wenlock Room can be set up with a superking bed or twin beds, and has a ensuite shower room. It has dramatic views out to the Wenlock Edge.
- The Italian Room can be set up with a superking bed or twin beds, and has a shower ensuite. It also looks out to the stunning Wenlock Edge.
The Bathrooms (x7)
The Manor House has been renovated to incorporate an ensuite with every bedroom.
Six of the ensuites have showers and one (with the Master Bedroom) has a bath with overhead shower.
The rest of the house is well-appointed with plenty of room for guests to spread out.
- The entrance is via the conservatory, which is south-west facing with views of the Wenlock Edge, where deer can sometimes be seen grazing.
- The hall then leads to the dining room which is truly the centre of this great house and has a very welcoming, cosy feel. It is a grand, beamed room and can seat up to 18 around its huge handmade oak table – ideal for meals with the whole family or a large group of friends.
- The kitchen, complete with granite worktops, is modern and fully equipped with everything you need within a self catering manor house. There is an electric range cooker with two ovens, dishwasher, larder fridge, freezer, microwave and a washer/dryer.
- The sitting room is a large and beautiful room, complete with original beams and a feature Victorian range which was discovered bricked into the wall a few years ago. It is a warm, welcoming room with plenty of well appointed and comfortable seating as well as views out over the garden. For your entertainment there is a large Smart TV.
The Manor House garden is solely for the use of its guests, is an acre in size and is enclosed and private. It has stunning views and the Eaton Brook (fenced off) runs along the bottom of the garden where trout and crayfish have been spotted.
- On the patio is a charcoal barbeque and garden furniture, perfect for al fresco dining.
- There is a very large, shared, on-site games barn on the estate and a huge playing field, both of which are just a short stroll from The Manor House.
- Swimming is available just a short walk away, from the beginning of April to the end of October.
- Parking is no problem at The Manor House as there is parking for four cars on the gated private driveway and additional spaces are available on the Estate’s drive. It’s a no-through road, so you won’t have to worry about other traffic either.
The Manor House is generously equipped with everything you might need during your stay, from cooking up a feast to keeping the kids entertained.
However, at Eaton Manor Country Estate we offer more than just self catering, we have some fantastic additional guest services to take the pressure off so you can truly enjoy your stay.
For example, you could…
- You could have your own private chef to prepare and serve a delicious dinner to you at your table.
- Or perhaps a Sunday brunch or afternoon tea.
- You could indulge in a delivery of superb wine.
- And you can enjoy having your internet grocery order delivered for when you arrive.
Whatever you want to get out of your stay with us, we will do our utmost to cater for you.
Please Note: Complimentary wi-fi is available in each cottage.
We welcome dogs at The Manor House by prior arrangement, and for a small additional charge.
As well as an enclosed garden and wonderful walks from the door, we provide a number of complimentary extras for guests with dogs.
What others are saying...
“Overall there were 21 of us staying at Eaton Manor in various cottages to celebrate a 50th Birthday. The Manor House accommodated the majority of us and we were very impressed. The booking process was made so easy and the staff were helpful and responded straight away with any queries we had.”
“We’ve just had a lovely family Christmas at The Manor House on the Eaton Manor Estate. It’s a beautiful property, full of character but with well-equipped and modern facilities – the perfect combination.”
“All family now back home having had a wonderful week at Eaton Manor. What more could we have asked for? The whole family – aged 2 years to 90 years had a marvellous time. ”
“We had a great 4 nights over New Year at Eaton Manor. The accommodation is very good with ample facilities on had. A very well equipped kitchen and we stayed in and cooked every evening. The lounge was very relaxing and the dining room was great to sit around eating and chatting.”
Where on the Estate
Everything you’ll ever need
We pride ourselves in helping you organise your special event or celebration, be it a milestone birthday, reunion, anniversary or simply an excuse to get together with friends and family. There is so much to enjoy on the Estate as well as exciting activities and guest services - and if you have a particular activity in mind please let us know and we will try to source it locally for you.