At Eaton Manor we are committed to working in a sustainable way and we encourage both staff and guests to help us achieve this.
We are proud members of Green Tourism and the Shropshire Hills Sustainable Business Scheme (of which we are a Three Year Achiever Member).
- Adopt a policy of ‘green procurement’, taking environmental factors into account in all purchasing and supplier contracts using, where possible, local suppliers and retailers.
- Reduce waste at source and recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and ink cartridges.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products where possible, and minimise the use of chemicals throughout the business.
- Adopt the practice of responsible and efficient energy management to reduce consumption in all our operations.
- Encourage guests to remain on the estate as much as possible during their stay by offering on-site facilities, such as a games room and playing field and private self guided walks on the estate. We also have an information point in the Games room with leaflets regarding things to do locally.
- Operate a no-smoking policy in all of our buildings, and offer guests designated outdoor smoking areas.
Responsible Visitors Charter:
We have a ‘Responsible Visitors Charter’ which is made available to all guests to encourage them to help us with our commitment.
- Conserve Energy
- Reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if the heating is on.
- Stay at Eaton for the Day
- Give the car a rest and enjoy the gardens, on-site facilities and surroundings of Eaton Manor.
- Shop Local
- Buy local products and support local businesses.
- Reduce, Reuse & Recycle
- Please see the recycling recommendations on the fridge and use the green recycling bins provided.
- Be Water Wise
- Don’t waste water, turn taps off.
- Respect Nature
- Help us to look after the landscape and wildlife by not littering, guarding against fire and using footpaths responsibly.
- Support Green Tourism Businesses
- Please visit www.green-business.co.uk for more information on Green Businesses.