Covid-19 – Our Protocols
(updated 10th July 2020)
We are very much looking forward to welcoming guests back to Eaton Manor Country Estate from 7th July 2020.
Firstly, we are ensuring all our cottages will be cleaned and sanitised to the Covid Ready Guidelines from PASC UK, the AA and Visit England.
During the closure period we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure all new government advice is followed. We have reviewed our procedures and implemented new protocols and additional cleaning systems. This is for the safety of our guests, our team and family. We thank you in advance for your co-operation with the changes we have had to make.
Our full cleaning procedure has been reviewed and increased. Our in-house housekeeping team have undergone additional training in Covid-19 practices and infection prevention control. We will be operating a “double clean” system – first our usual high-standard cleaning, and then going over everything again with a hospital grade virucidal sanitiser.
Septic Tank – Please DO NOT use bleach or anti-bacterial products in the sink, other than the products we have provided. Large quantities will upset the septic tank. We have supplied you with wipes for disinfecting surfaces without upsetting the water treatment system.
Our welcome packs have been tweaked; for example, you will receive a sealed box of tea bags, rather than a caddie of loose tea bags. There will also a welcome pack of additional items for you, which will include 80% alcohol hand sanitiser, disinfectant surface wipes, additional jay cloths and trigger spray products.
To reduce the risk, we have been advised to remove as much as possible from the cottages. This means that decorative cushions and throws, welcome books, toys, games, etc have been kept to a minimum or removed completely.
We have also reduced the quantity of some kitchen equipment and supplies for example bin liners, loo rolls and dishwasher tablets to just the amount we think you will need. If you would like any extra kitchen equipment or supplies please email email@example.com or ring 01694 724814 and we will arrange to deliver it to you.
There are self guided walks (laminated maps will be in your cottage) around the estate and local countryside for you to enjoy, in a socially distanced way.
We have updated the links on our website for local attractions, eateries, golf courses, etc so you can click through to their website for up to date information, place takeaway orders, buy tickets, etc, Booking in advance will be critical, as there will be limited capacity at Restaurants, local attractions and many Take-Aways need advance orders to allocate collection slots.
Please plan ahead
- We ask that guests adhere to the arrival time of 4pm and departure time of 10am (unless otherwise arranged), to allow us maximum time to complete the new enhanced procedures.
- Please ensure we have all your bedroom layout requests, baby/toddler pack and reduced mobility pack requests at least two weeks before your arrival date, so we can ensure they are placed in the cottage to be included in the sanitising stage of our cleaning.
- Before arrival, please provide the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in the party, so that we can pass this onto the NHS if it is required. This information will not be used for any other purpose and will be destroyed after 21 days.
- We have removed toy boxes and games from the cottages, so you may wish to pack a couple to bring with you.
- Please book a grocery delivery slot as far in advance as the supermarket website permits. We have also made the decision to request the deliveries arrive after your own arrival. This is to eliminate the need for housekeeping to return to the property once the 2 stage cleaning process has been completed. Thank you for your co-operation.
- We have plenty of outdoor space at Eaton Manor, with each cottage having their own garden, patio furniture and BBQ. There are also self guided walks around the estate and a large playing field, so don’t forget to pack outdoor clothing/footwear.
- From 25th July 2020, the swimming pool will be open. Each cottage will have a 60-minute slot per day. We will remove the pool furniture, and the changing room will be closed. The cover will be left off the pool and you will not be asked to replace it. We will turn up the heating to compensate. The pool ph and chlorine levels will be maintained daily. There is a key in the house for you to use to enter the pool. There will be a sanitiser station by the entrance door. We suggest bringing flip flops/croc style shoes for pool use. Please remember to bring your own pool towels.
- The Games room will be closed. We have some complimentary outdoor games such as football, croquet, badminton, cricket which you can book for the day or half day, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll bring it to your garden.
- We politely ask that guests strip the beds before leaving – you will find a black bag in your bedroom for all towels and linen to be placed in. The Government is advising we have to assume that someone in your party COULD be carrying the virus. The main route for contracting the virus is airborne, and it is considered that removing bedding could make the virus airborne, which is why they advise asking guests to strip the beds themselves.
- Please empty all bins and put into the outside bins
- Please put your breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, ready for housekeeping to put on when they arrive. We have increased our systems to allow for all kitchen items to go through a dishwasher or to be swapped between each stay and washed away from the property.
Please do not travel to Eaton Manor if you are feeling unwell or have been unwell within the last 7 days. Please refer to the government guidance and then contact us. If you show any signs of having the virus during your stay, then you must immediately go and get tested by contacting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-ifyou-have-coronavirus/ The result must be shown to us. If positive, you will need to leave if any member of your party can drive you. If that is not possible and you have to self-isolate here, then you will be have to pay for all bookings that have to be cancelled as a result.
On arrival, the cottages will be open and ready for you and the cleaned keys will be in the cottage.
We would ask that you minimise asking us to enter the cottage during your stay. If, for example, a dishwasher doesn’t work, we can try and sort it out over the phone in the first instance. If you require any assistance or additional items during your stay, please ring the office on 01694 724 814 or email email@example.com. Our office might appear shut, but we are working away behind the scenes!
We have government guidelines that only two households (which can include a bubble) can holiday together in July. We therefore ask that you risk assess your own party and decide for yourself if your group is appropriate.
Remember the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash hands thoroughly. We ask that you socially distance from other guests please, especially relevant with small children.
We hope that you will have a fabulous holiday. We really are looking forward to welcoming guests back to Eaton Manor. The “new normal” may be slightly different than what we are all used to, but if we all take responsibility for minimising risk, then Shropshire is a lovely county to visit!