We are pleased to welcome walkers to Eaton Manor Country Estate to explore and enjoy a walking break in the beautiful countryside that Shropshire has to offer, whether it’s from the doorstep of your holiday home or further afield into the Shropshire Hills.
To help make your lives that bit easier we have provided some facilities, services and useful information for you. Full details are provided once you arrive at Eaton Manor, but here’s a list of what’s available:
- Boot wash – where you can sit and wash your boots off
- Communal drying room – where you can leave wet outdoor clothing and boots to dry
- First aid kit – located under the kitchen sink in each property
- Maps – provided in each property for use during your stay
- Ordnance Survey maps of the area
- Laminated maps showing self-guided walks on and around our 500 acre estate
- Leaflets on local attractions – there is an information point next to the Billiards & Games Room
- Emergency information – a list is provided of important local emergency telephone numbers
- Local amenities – information is provided on local shops; banks; post office etc with telephone numbers
- Local eateries – information is provided on local restaurants and pubs
Walkers are Welcome in Church Stretton (and other South Shropshire towns)
Church Stretton (our nearest town, 4 miles away) is a designated Walkers Are Welcome town, guaranteeing great walking – with maintained way-marked walks, spectacular scenery, warm welcomes and good local support from the council, shops, pubs, eateries, the local National Trust and the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (SHAONB).
Other Walkers are Welcome towns in South Shropshire are:
- Bishops Castle (15 miles away);
- Clun (17 miles away);
- Cleobury Mortimer (22 miles away)
For more information on walking in the area visit:
For all the latest walking gear visit:
Please contact us if you have any questions.