Cycling is a popular pursuit in Shropshire and, whether you’re after some gentle cycling around country lanes or some more energetic mountain biking in the hills, Eaton Manor is the perfect base for you.
We have some beautiful scenery to explore by bicycle from the doorstep on quiet country lanes or, just a short drive away, you can discover the wonderful Shropshire Hills and embark on some exciting mountain biking.
To help make your lives that bit easier we have provided some facilities, services and useful information for you. Full details are provided once you arrive at Eaton Manor, but here’s a list of what’s available:
- Communal drying room – where you can leave wet outdoor clothing and footwear to dry
- Lockable cycle store – with racks where you can leave your bikes locked up when not in use
- Bike wash – outdoor wash area for washing down bikes and outdoor clothing
- Emergency cycle & puncture repair kit – located in the cycle store for your convenience
- First aid kit – located under the kitchen sink in each property
- Maps – Ordnance Survey maps of the area provided in each property for use during your stay
- Leaflets on local attractions – there is an information point next to the Billiards & Games Room
- Emergency information – a list is provided of important local emergency telephone numbers
- Local amenities – information is provided on local shops; banks; post office etc with telephone numbers
- Local eateries – information is provided on local restaurants and pubs
Local Cycle Hire & Cycle Repair Shops
The Longmynd is a great area for mountain biking and there are a couple of specialist bike shops in the Church Stretton area who have everything you might need during your stay, including bike hire.
- Plush Hill Cycles, Church Stretton: 01694 720 133
- Shropshire Hills Mountain Bike and Outdoor Pursuits Centre, Marshbrook: 01694 781 515
For more information on cycling in the area visit:
For all the latest cycling gear visit:
Please contact us if you have any questions.