Seeking Sanctuary in Eaton Church
Our glorious Church, St Edith’s, features in a new medieval literary adventure, available to buy now.
Just a stone’s throw from Eaton Manor, St Edith’s Church, dating back to Norman times, is a prominent setting in a new novel by author, Kate Innes. The Church provides sanctuary to the brother of the story’s heroine, who is being chased.
The Errant Hours, is, in part, set around Eaton and South Shropshire and draws from the deep well of medieval legend to weave a story of survival and courage, trickery and love.
The story moves from the small villages of Apedale, not far from Eaton, to the intriguing monuments of Wenlock Priory, Acton Burnell, Clun, Stokesay and Criccieth Castles in a headlong journey through the physical and spiritual dangers of Medieval Britain.
The quick-witted heroine, Illesa Arrowsmith, sets out to save her brother from the gallows armed only with a secret book said to have the power of life and death.
The Errant Hours has been selected as an Editor’s Choice by the Historical Novel Society.
“Kate Innes’s glorious first novel is a lyrical joy. Up there with the best of Pat Bracewell and Elizabeth Chadwick, it offers utter immersion in an intricate, plausible world. A must read.” Manda Scott
For more information about the author visit: www.kateinneswriter.com
Where Can You Buy the Book?
This is a great gift idea!
Copies of the book can be bought directly from Eaton Manor, where a donation from each sale will then be made to St Edith’s Church. Please contact us to purchase a book.
The book is also available in local bookshops or on Amazon.
Gather friends and family together for a pre-Christmas festive break and enjoy a 10% discount on all availability in December.
Eaton Manor is the perfect place to get into the festive spirit, and with all of our individual properties fully decorated from the start of December, including a tree, why not celebrate Christmas early with your nearest and dearest.
Here are a few things that happen at Eaton Manor to make your stay as enjoyable and stress-free as possible…
- All houses are decorated for Christmas
- Delicious homemade mince pies on arrival
- Housekeeping can take delivery of your online grocery order, packing it away for your arrival
- Opportunity to Dine in Style with your own private chef
- Freshly prepared Drop Off Suppers available to order
- Option to have a fresh, locally reared turkey delivered to your door
- Why not try some local ale from Wood Brewery.
- Ask Tanners Wines to suggest the perfect wine to accompany your special meal
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities and entertainment suitable for all the family
To check availability click here or contact us.
We have so much to offer at Eaton Manor for family celebrations.
If you’re planning one we can help you take care of it all, without any stress, or the need for taxis or designated drivers! Everything will come to you, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it all.
Our guests have enjoyed all manner of additional services from celebration cakes (provided by our cake lady) to drop off suppers on arrival and celebration dinners in our stylish banqueting room (catered for by our private chefs).
Have-a-go archery sessions with our professional coach have been a big hit too and, of course, entertainment for the children, such as magic shows (which adults enjoy just as much), babysitting and childcare services, including face painting, allowing parents to have some valued ‘time off’ to enjoy treats such as afternoon tea, or indulge in a relaxing treatment at our on-site Wellness Centre.
We can also arrange a professional photographer, to capture your precious time with family and friends, as well as flowers, balloons and party decorations to add an extra touch to your special occasion.
We’ve seen some fantastic celebrations take place at Eaton Manor recently, including a variety of milestone birthdays – even a 100th birthday celebration!
Whatever you have in mind we are on hand to help everything go smoothly.
Contact us if you’d like to discuss your plans.
Eaton Manor is an ideal location for family holidays for all sorts of reasons.
We have plenty to do on our 500 acre countryside estate without the need to get in the car, and you can be sure to create some truly special memories during your stay.
- Summer Pool for splashing about in (covered & heated).
- Family ‘have-a-go’ archery sessions with a professional coach & equipment provided.
- Large, private & enclosed gardens ideal for keeping children safe.
- Babysitters available to allow you to have a night off.
- Baby & toddler items available so you don’t have to bring all the kit with you.
- Grocery unpacking service for your arrival meaning a food shop on the way isn’t necessary.
- Enormous billiards & games room, vast playing field & croquet lawn – to keep all ages entertained.
- Three properties suitable for all generations, and reduced mobility items available.
- Drop off suppers are available, or even dine in style with a private chef for the evening.
- Dogs are welcome so you don’t need to leave the family favourite behind.
To find out more about our Complimentary Amenities click here.
For a full list of Additional Guest Services available at Eaton Manor click here.
Should you want to venture out for the day, however, there are some wonderful places to visit in the local area.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.