Walking and cycling are both very popular pursuits in South Shropshire and, whether you’re after some gentle exercise around country lanes or some more energetic activity in the hills, Eaton Manor is the perfect base for you.
We have some beautiful scenery to explore on foot or by bicycle from the doorstep on quiet country lanes or, just a short drive away, you can discover the breathtaking landscape of the Shropshire Hills and embark on some rambling or exciting mountain biking.
VisitEngland have given us special accreditation for both Walkers and Cyclists Welcome as, to make your lives that bit easier, we now offer various facilities, services and useful information, such as:
- Communal drying room – where you can leave wet outdoor clothing and boots to dry
- Lockable cycle store – with racks where you can leave your bikes locked up when not in use
- Bike wash – outdoor wash area for washing down bikes and outdoor clothing
- Emergency cycle & puncture repair kit – located in the cycle store for your convenience
- First aid kit – located under the kitchen sink in each property
- Maps – provided in each property for use during your stay
- Ordnance Survey maps of the area
- Laminated maps showing self-guided walks on and around our 500 acre estate
- Leaflets on local attractions – there is an information point next to the Billiards & Games Room
- Emergency information – a list is provided of important local emergency telephone numbers
- Local amenities – information is provided on local shops; banks; post office etc with telephone numbers
- Local eateries – information is provided on local restaurants and pubs