The Manor House (Sleeps 14)
Large Luxury Manor House
Sleeps 14 in 7 bedrooms
7 bathrooms (all en-suite)
Dines up to 18
Set over 3 floors & detached
Not suitable for reduced mobility
Dogs welcome by prior arrangement
The Manor House dates from the 17th century and is built on the site of a much older dwelling dating back to the 11th century Norman Conquest. Set at the heart of Eaton Manor Country Estate, The Manor House stands in an acre of walled gardens.
Click here to check availability and book now.
The Eaton Brook flows at the bottom of the garden, making it a lovely spot for wildlife watching or perhaps fishing from the stepping stones during the summer months. The brook is fenced off to keep our youngest guests safe.
The house itself retains its original style, combining a wealth of interesting historic features. Timber framed walls, exposed oak floors, doors and beams, original flagstones and even an indoor well, with modern luxuries and a fully equipped kitchen, make this venue the perfect self catering manor house.
The dining room can seat up to 18 people around its enormous oak table and there are seven bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, with the Master Bedroom boasting a Queen Anne-style mahogany four-poster bed.
The Manor House is:
- Child Friendly
- We can provide complimentary items for babies/toddlers to ease the packing load (to be pre-booked).
- Dog Friendly
- Please note this property is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
- Contact us for more details.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi enabled
- Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in The Manor House.
The Manor House, Eaton Manor Country Estate, Eaton-under-Heywood, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 7DH
Click here for location details.
Please contact us if you have any questions or call us on 01694 724814.
To check availability & book this property click here.
To check availability & book this property click here.
The Manor House
The Bedrooms (x7)
The Manor House has seven en-suite bedrooms, all individually decorated to preserve their character and each with their own TV.
Lower Ground Floor
- On the lower ground floor is the Brook Bedroom, which can be a double or twin bedroom, with en-suite shower room and which opens out directly into the garden.
- The Master Bedroom is situated on the ground floor and has a stunning 6ft four-poster bed, en-suite bathroom and views over the garden.
- There is also the Garden Bedroom, which can be a double or twin bedroom, with en-suite shower room and spectacular French doors leading out to the garden and glorious views down to the brook.
- Upstairs is the Terracotta Room, featuring exposed ceiling beams and original leaded windows which look out on to the garden. This room can be a double or twin bedroom and has an en-suite shower room.
- The Gold Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has rustic exposed walls, ceiling beams and beautiful views to the garden. It also has a shower en-suite
- The Wenlock Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has a en-suite shower room. It has dramatic views out to the Wenlock Edge.
- The Italian Room can be a double or twin bedroom and has a shower en-suite. It also looks out to the stunning Wenlock Edge.
The Bathrooms (x7)
The Manor House has recently been renovated to incorporate an en-suite with every bedroom.
Six of the en-suites have showers and one (with the Master Bedroom) has a bath with over-head shower.
The Reception Rooms
The rest of the house is well-appointed with plenty of room for guests to spread out.
- The entrance is via the conservatory, which is south-west facing with views of the Wenlock Edge, where deer can sometimes be seen grazing.
- The hall then leads to the dining room which is truly the centre of this great house and has a very welcoming, cosy feel. It is a grand, beamed room and can seat up to 18 around its huge handmade oak table – ideal for meals with the whole family or a large group of friends.
- The kitchen, complete with granite worktops, is modern and fully equipped with everything you need within a self catering manor house, including some cookery books for inspiration. There is an electric range cooker with two ovens, dishwasher, larder fridge, freezer, microwave and a washer/dryer.
- The sitting room is a large and beautiful room and is complete with original beams and a feature Victorian range, which was discovered bricked into the wall a few years ago. It is a warm, welcoming room with plenty of well appointed and comfortable seating as well as views out over the garden. For your entertainment there is a 42″ freeview television, DVD player, some board games and a large selection of books to read, as well as a toy box for our youngest guests.
There is a radio/CD player with iPod dock in the house.
We also provide a toy box for our youngest guests.
The Manor House garden is solely for the use of its guests, is nearly an acre in size and is enclosed and private. It has stunning views and the Eaton Brook (fenced off) runs along the bottom of the garden where trout and crayfish have been spotted.
- On the patio is a barbeque (please bring your own charcoal) and garden furniture, perfect for al fresco dining.
- There is a very large, shared, on-site games hall on the estate and a huge playing field, both of which are just a short stroll from The Manor House.
- The swimming pool (open April to October) is a short walk from The Manor House, situated next to Pendennis (another of our properties), and is shared by guests of all our properties. It is ideal for children as it is covered and heated, with a changing room next to the pool.
- Parking is no problem at The Manor House. There is parking for four cars on the gated private driveway and additional spaces are available on the Estate’s drive. It’s a no-through road, so you won’t have to worry about other traffic either.
Self Catering with a Difference!
The Manor House is generously equipped with everything you might need during your stay, from cooking up a feast to keeping the kids entertained. However, at Eaton Manor Country Estate we offer more than just self catering, we have some fantastic additional guest services to take the pressure off so you can truly enjoy your stay. For example you could have your own private chef to prepare and serve a delicious dinner to you at your table, or perhaps a Sunday brunch or afternoon tea. You could indulge in a delivery of superb wine or local ale and you can enjoy having your internet grocery delivery taken care of and packed away all ready for your arrival.
Whatever you want to get out of your stay with us, we will do our utmost to cater for you.
Please Note: Complimentary wi-fi is available in each property, as well as in the games hall and banqueting room.
Click on the links below to view and download these documents:
- Access Statements (please email us for a copy)
To view our FAQs click here.
To book or get prices click your arrival date on the calendar.