At Eaton Manor we often accommodate up to four generations in one home and therefore we realise the importance of making our properties as accessible as possible to all guests.
The estate is set in 500 acres of countryside and all our properties are situated within walking distance of each other along a narrow country lane, with the main site being situated at the end of a no-through road, where The Manor House, Curlew Cottage and Toad Hall are located within 50 metres of each other.
Please contact us if anyone in your group has particular access requirements and we welcome anyone that would like to have a look round before booking.
Please call us to arrange a visit on 01694 724814.
Click here to view our Accessibility Guide
We want all our guests to get the most out of their stay at Eaton Manor and so we have ensured that:
- Our website and promotional materials clearly state which properties are most suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
When we respond to an enquiry or take a booking:
- We enquire about the requirements of each group.
- On occasions we suggest alternative properties to better suit the group’s needs
- e.g. downstairs bedrooms, walk-in showers etc.
Giving a Helping Hand
We understand how difficult it is for guests to bring everything they might need for their children or for those with reduced mobility or sensory impairments, and so we try and provide as much as we can to make life a bit easier when staying at Eaton Manor.
We will also take delivery of guests’ on-line grocery orders and unpack them prior to arrival (this is particularly popular with families with young children).
- High-chairs, cots and stair-gates are all available on request
- Comprehensive baby/toddler packs available (click here to view the list)
- All properties have toy boxes
- Qualified local baby-sitter can be arranged
- Suggestions available for local all-weather family activities
- All properties have a secure, private garden
- Three properties have been assessed by N.A.S as Mobility 1 (Toad Hall, Pendennis, Curlew Cottage).
- Cars can pull right up to each Mobility 1 property
- Each property has its own private parking
- There are ground floor bedrooms in each property
- We have some bathrooms with grab rails
- Most of the gardens are flat
- We offer reduced mobility packs (click here to view the list)
- We have a link with Independent Living, a local company that can arrange specific equipment
- e.g. ramps, shower seats etc
- Tel: 01743 210820
- Key property measurements are available
- Access statements are available for each property – please contact us for a copy
- The building that houses the Billiards & Games Room and the Banqueting Room has been recently refurbished with fully accessible facilities, including an access ramp and accessible toilets
- Our Banqueting Room, situated within our Events/Archery Centre, is fitted with a Hearing Loop.
- Guide dogs are welcome at no extra cost
- We understand it is essential that our website can be accessible in order to provide equal opportunities to people with disabilities. An accessible website can help people with disabilities participate more actively in society.
- Our new website offers access to information and interaction for many people with disabilities and has a responsive design so text can easily be enlarged.
Other Useful Information
- The nearest regular bus stop is at Church Stretton, 4.5 miles away.
- The nearest train station is at Church Stretton, 4.5 miles away (Cardiff-Crewe Line); if you want specific advice on the best routes by train do call us. Taxis need to be booked in advance which we can help arrange.
- Non-feather duvets and pillows provided in each room
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are poly-cotton
- TV’s are provided in most bedrooms with a remote control
- Information folders are produced in size 12 font (available in larger font size on request)
- There is currently a landline in each property
- EE and Vodafone both work in this area
- Our private chefs can cater for special dietary requirements
- e.g. wheat, dairy and nut allergies; diabetics; gluten intolerances and vegetarians
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve our service.
If you have any comments please contact us.
Click here to view our Accessibility Guide